Vacation Bible School Leader and Assistants
The Vacation Bible School leader plays a key role in directing the church’s largest outreach program for children and their families and has the following responsibilities:
- Recruits and screens volunteers.
- Works with Sabbath School counsel to develop a VBS budget.
- Identifies and purchases materials for VBS.
- Plans the VBS space—which rooms of the church will be used and for what.
- Plans the VBS time—the date, time of day, and program schedule.
- Leads the team in follow-up events.
- Coordination of the Vacation Bible School.
- Delegates leadership of the learning stations to able and responsible leaders; holds them accountable (stations include Bible learning, craft, games, etc).
- Makes routine staff assignments, as follows:
- Drama ministry—training a small team to do skits for the general session.
- Guiding ministry—training and mentoring teen and adult guides who are each assigned a group of five students to accompany throughout VBS (guides and assists station leaders when asked, but does not teach).
- Music ministry—learning VBS songs, leading the singing at VBS and follow-up events.
- Publicity ministry—communicating and publicizing VBS at church and in the media.
- Registration and record keeping—maintaining and updating student files, name tags.
- Welcoming ministry—greeting, finding name tags, showing where to go.
- Optional—safety patrol, videographer, medical, custodial, parenting seminar, photographer.
Background Check and On-line Child Safety training:
Anyone working in Children’s ministries at Cicero Church is required to complete Shield the Vulnerable which is a background check and an online training seminar (approx. 45-60 minutes to complete) before assuming role. You may contact church office or pastoral staff to arrange for training
Appropriate Spiritual Gifts:
- An attitude of servant leadership.
- A passion for children and children’s ministries.
- Leadership experience in a ministry to children.
10-15 hours per month, 5-6 hours per day during VBS